Become a Member of IAN
Join IAN to become a member of an organisation directly connected to the founder of attachment theory John Bowlby. Members become part of Bowlby’s mission to grow and embed knowledge and understanding of attachment theory. Established in 1992, the International Attachment Network has enjoyed some of the UK’s most known attachment theory thinkers among its membership and associates. Today its impressive honorary membership comprises many of the world’s leading figures in attachment theory. IAN continues to be a forum for the sharing, exploration and pollination of ideas on attachment theory.
Price for 1 minute
Full Annual Membership
With bi-monthly Attachment and Human Development Journal
Standard Annual Membership
Without bi-monthly Attachment and Human Development Journal
IAN members enjoy:
- Invitations to our weekly Saturday morning events and workshops and invitations to events at partner organisations IGA (Institute of Group Analysis), SEAS (Society for Emotion and Attachment Studies), SRF & The Bowlby Centre
- Notification of new IAN endorsed professional courses – learning opportunities which pass rigorous IAN quality criteria
- Reduced fees for events and training courses, providing quality CPD at significantly lower cost than commercial operators.
- Access to the newest ideas in attachment theory from our events, newsletter and journal, The Journal for Attachment and Human Development*
- Informal and intimate networking opportunities with other members, the IAN executive committee and of course invited speakers.
- The addition of Member of the International Attachment Network to your website and CV to distinguish and support your adherence to attachment theory informed practice.
- All fees go towards the running of the International Attachment Network
* Access to the Journal for Attachment theory and Human Development is available to full members.
IAN Honorary Membership is offered to prominent senior clinicians and researchers from around the world, whose work contributes to the development and/or application of attachment theory. Honorary Members are invited to collaborate with and contribute to IAN’s work and teaching. Current members represent the broad spectrum of the attachment world and include Directors of research institutes, programs, clinics, and psychotherapy centres, professors of clinical psychology, psychology, psychiatry, genes & environment, social work, psychosocial work, child & family studies, as well as practising and publishing psychoanalysts, psychotherapists- adult, child and adolescent, and group, dramatherapists and play therapists. It is IAN’s priority that its Honorary Membership reflects its establishment objectives as well as the interests and needs of its expanding ordinary membership base.
Membership of any IAN is open to psychologists, psychotherapists, psychoanalysts, psychiatrists, paediatricians, counselors, teachers, neuroscientists, social workers, dulas and researchers, who reside anywhere in the world, and for whom the Attachment Theory forms a significant part of their work. In special cases, people who do not have a title may be eligible for membership if they are approved by a majority vote of the Executive Committee or Board of Directors.
Smaller events are betterI love how IAN keeps its events smaller than the big commercial events companies. Questions to the speaker always turn into a lively exchange and that really helps explore the clinical application of the material. I always come away feeling like I've genuinely learned a lot!IAN Member
I really feel part of somethingI've been a member of IAN for nearly seven years now and I really feel part of something important. I can honestly say it has had a positive impact on my client work- not just from the events and training, but from meeting and talking with the other IAN members, many of whom I now know well.IAN Member