Become a Member of IAN
Join IAN to become a member of an organisation directly connected to the founder of attachment theory John Bowlby. Members become part of Bowlby;s mission to grow and embed knowledge and understanding of attachment theory. Established in 1992, the International Attachment Network has enjoyed some of the UK’s most known attachment theory thinkers among its membership and associates. It continues to be a forum for the sharing, exploration and pollination of ideas on attachment theory.
Full Annual Membership
Annual Membership £45
IAN members enjoy:
- Invitations to our bi-monthly Saturday morning events and workshops and invitations to events at partner organisations IGA (Institute of Group Analysis), SEAS (Society for Emotion and Attachment Studies), SRF & The Bowlby Centre
- Notification of new IAN accredited professional courses – learning opportunities which pass rigorous IAN quality criteria
- Reduced fees for events and training courses, providing quality CPD at significantly lower cost than commercial operators.
- Access to the newest ideas in attachment theory from our events, newsletter and journal, The Journal for Attachment and Human Development*
- Informal and intimate networking opportunities with other members, the IAN executive committee and of course invited speakers.
- The addition of Member of the International Attachment Network to your website and CV to distinguish and support your adherence to attachment theory informed practice.
- All fees go towards the running of the International Attachment Network
* Access to the Journal for Attachment theory and Human Development is available to full members.
Membership of any IAN is open to psychologists, psychotherapists, psychoanalysts, psychiatrists, paediatricians, teachers, neuroscientists, social workers, dulas and researchers, who reside anywhere in the world, and for whom the Attachment Theory forms a significant part of their work. In special cases, people who do not have a title may be eligible for membership if they are approved by a majority vote of the Executive Committee or Board of Directors.
Smaller events are betterI love how IAN keeps its events smaller than the big commercial events companies. Questions to the speaker always turn into a lively exchange and that really helps explore the clinical application of the material. I always come away feeling like I've genuinely learned a lot!IAN Member
I really feel part of somethingI've been a member of IAN for nearly seven years now and I really feel part of something important. I can honestly say it has had a positive impact on my client work- not just from the events and training, but from meeting and talking with the other IAN members, many of whom I now know well.IAN Member